Protecting the private information of our visitors is of the highest importance to us. The JRations Web site adheres to a strict policy for ensuring the privacy of your personally identifiable information (full name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and/or other identifiable information) and preserving the integrity of this online medium.
Gathering and Use of Information
1. We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis.
2. Some activities may ask you to provide personally identifiable information. This could be for the following:
• contest or sweepstakes registration
• subscription registration for sites or services that require subscription (such as e-mail newsletters)
• transactions in Base PX
• content submissions, J Company postings (e.g., The Forum or Readers’ Rigs), letters to the editor, or classified advertising)
3. JRations.com will not knowingly disclose your personal information to any third party without first receiving your permission.
4. JRations.com may use your personally identifiable information for the activities explained above, for internal and marketing promotional purposes, or if you have elected to receive offers from carefully screened companies whose products or services might interest you.
A cookie is information a Web site puts on your computer’s hard drive so the site can remember your preferences or which pages you visited on that site.
As you cruise around JRations.com, it is possible that several cookies will be set on your computer. J Rations uses the information from cookies to deliver relevant local resources, remember browser preferences and improve our visitors’ experiences on the site.
No personal information is ever stored in a JRations cookie, even if you have entered your name or e-mail address on other parts of JRations.com. J Rations does not sell information collected by cookies nor use the information for commerce-related purposes except as utilized for the proper operation of the Base PX shopping cart. In addition, JRations will not filter content based on your preferences without permission.
• If you watch a video clip or listen to an audio clip on JRations.com Jungle Scout, a cookie may remember which media player (such as Real Player, Windows Media Player or Quicktime) and which type of clip (high or low bandwidth) you prefer to use on your computer. You can change your video and audio preferences at any time, or choose a player each time you view or listen to a clip.
• As you explore JRations.com, a session cookie will tell us which pages you visit and the amount of time between each page visit. This cookie does not remember any information about you or your computer; it just tells us at J Rations how long visitors spend on our sites and which pages receive the most traffic. A “session cookie” remembers information only about your current visit to the site.